Jamhuri ya Muungano wa Tanzania
Mamlaka ya Hali ya Hewa Tanzania
Functions of TMA
1. To provide meteorological services for international air navigation on behalf of the United Republic of Tanzania as designated meteorological authority and according to Technical Regulations of the World Meteorological Organization Doc. ([C.31] 2.1.4) and Annex 3 (2.1.4) of the International Civil Aviation Organization;
2. To organize and administer efficient networks of surface and upper air stations necessary to capture accurate records of the weather and climatic conditions of the United Republic of Tanzania;
3. To observe, collect, archive and disseminate meteorological and related information for the United Republic of Tanzania;
4. To take part in global exchange of meteorological and related data and products for the safety of humankind and to enhance the understanding of the global atmosphere;
5. To provide weather, climate services and warnings for the safety of life and property to the general public and to various users including aviation, agriculture and food security, water resources, disaster management, health and construction industry;
6. To carry out research and training in meteorology and climatology and in other related fields, and cooperate with other institutions where appropriate, for use in socio-economic development planning;
7. To participate in the activities of international organizations and programs, in particular the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) e.g. World Weather Watch (WWW), International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), Global Climate Observing System (GCOS), the Global Atmospheric Watch (GAW), etc;
8. To cooperate with other institutions concerned with issues related to climate variability, climate change and environment;
9. To participate in activities dealing with meteorology under Regional Organizations e.g. Southern African Development Community (SADC) and East African Co-operation (EAC);
10.To publish weather and climatological summaries, bulletins and other interpreted products
11.To collect fees and charges for data, products and services rendered; ; and
12.To carry out any other function as the Minister may direct.
© 2017 Mamlaka ya Hali ya Hewa Tanzania. Haki zote zimehifadhiwa.